Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dear Flux authors:

I know many of you have books coming out or have had books just release in the past month, and in light of recent events, I feel compelled to say, please do not get involved in any high-profile felony investigations. Do not attempt to "recover" any memorabilia from your former careers as rhythm guitarists or long-distance-cycling support-crew members. It will not help your sales or increase the print run. That only works for some people.

Thanks.

Your faithful editor,
Andrew

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, my former undercover hooker stuff is okay, but I have to be all on the down-low when it comes to the hamster fighting ring I've got going on in the basement?

Is that it?

Darn.

Micol Ostow said...

Now I'm going to have to rethink my grassroots marketing technique.

Brian Mandabach said...

For the record, I did have an altercation with a certain former school board member who was "not going to sit around and wait for end times," but was kicking Planned Parenthood out of the high schools, trying to do away with my union and our "abomination" of a contract, and looking to implement the teaching of creation "science." When, on election day, I spied him planting political signs on the grounds of the school/polling place across the street from my house, I went over there and had words with him. He says I was kinda mean to him.

But if you try to auction your old Bo'l Weevil records, I can't be held responsible for the outcome.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Well, just great. There goes my plans for October.

I chaff under these stringent editorial demands.